Redesigning the Ubisense website
Ubisense is a leading provider of enterprise solutions based on Location Intelligence to some the world’s largest manufacturing, utilities and telecommunications companies. Their clients include BMW, Audi, Mini, Volkswagen, Caterpillar and Aston Martin. I was the lead UX designer for a redesign of the Ubisense website. Ubisense wanted a modern, responsive website that really showcases their market leading products and expertise. Working very closely with Ubisense and with graphic designers, content strategists and developers, I led and co-ordinated the UX for the entire redesign.
What did I do?
- Reviewed the existing Ubisense website and carried out an analytics analysis to identify user behaviour, and existing KPIs.
- Reviewed competitor sites, focusing on key pages and user journeys.
- Ran persona workshops with the client to identify website users and to collaboratively create key personas.
- Ran user journey mapping workshops with the client to map out key customer journeys and to identify how the new site might best support these.
- Created a sitemap for the new site and carried out navigation testing using Google forms to test the proposed information architecture.
- Created an Axure prototype covering key pages and user journeys on both desktop and mobile.
- Worked closely with the client, designers and developers to review wireframes and to optimise the UX design.
- Worked closely with the graphic designers to help establish the look and feel of the new pages and components (e.g. navigation).
- Provided usability feedback to the development teaming during the build phase.
More case studies
Redesigning a key website for ProQuest – a world leader in collecting, organising, and publishing information for researchers and students.
Designing a new responsive website for Ubisense – a leading provider of enterprise solutions based on location intelligence.
Creating a mockup for a mobile app for recording weight training workouts.
Optimising the user experience of the Thomson and First Choice websites for tablet users.
Leading the UX for a redesign of the Thomson Airways website.
Redesigning the booking process for the First Choice and Thomson websites.
Establishing the user requirements and creating a concept design for a new travel agent selling system.
Gathering user requirements for a redesign of the Cambridge International Examinations website.
Defining the UX vision and designing a concept extranet for assessors.
Redesigning an Extranet site for exams officers and teachers.
A user-centred redesign of a community website for Cambridgeshire county council.
Optimising the checkout user experience and conversion on johnlewis.com.